02 Sep The best network for you
Every day, we help millions of people and businesses. How? By carrying data securely and reliably on our award-winning voice and data network.
A network that’s there when you need it
- Coverage – voted the UK’s best network for coverage in 2018 and 2019 (uSwitch)
- Reliability – Rated the UK’s most reliable network in 2018 (GWS)
- Speed – Download speeds with our new 2.3Ghz spectrum are 80% faster than our 4G average (Tutela)
- Security – The only UK provider whose mobile WAN networks are CAS(T) certified
Taking care of your networking and connectivity needs
- 99% UK 4G population coverage indoors
- 15,000 + O2 Wifi hotspots UK-wide
- 250 million minutes connected every day
- 150 million texts delivered every day
- 60% average data traffic growth across the network year on year
- The biggest mobile network in the UK with over 32.2m customers (including O2, giffgaff, Tesco Mobile, Sky Mobile and Lycamobile).
Connecting the things all around you
- Your home – providing connectivity for the governments Smart Metering Programme, connecting 23.5 million meters in UK homes
- Your safety – providing voice & data for over 50% of UK police forces, 12 ambulance services and 4 fire services
- Your treats – managing wifi and cashless payments in 1,200 + McDonald’s branches
- Your health – helping health professionals at South London and Mausley NHS Foundation Trust to extend patient treatment with mobile devices
- £523.6 million invested in spectrum in 2018
- £2 million invested in the network every day
- Investing heavily in UK-wide commuter hubs like stations and airports
- 1042 rural locations saw millions invested in 4G connectivity in 2018 so homes and business can enjoy better connectivity
Reshaping the future with 5G
- Transformed supply chains – small, cheap, low power sensors will make it possible to track every item in every shipment, saving time and cost
- Virtual reality everywhere – low latency will turn lifelike VR and AR experiences into the norm
- Remote healthcare – the NHS could save 1.1million GP hours with teleconsulting and monitoring
- Smarter cities – connected road systems will reduce traffic congestion by 10% saving the economy £880 million/year
Join the organsations who trust our voice and data networks to help them connect, transact and grow… contact us here.
Uplands Mobiles Ltd are an Exclusive O2 Direct Partner and also a Customer Experience Partner of the Year, awarded by Telefonica for demonstrating an ongoing commitment in providing exceptional customer service and a trusted approach to our customers.
Share this guide:
* Content within this blog post is subject to change, terms and conditions.