Sound is poor quality or distorted -
The majority of such cases are SIM or network issues.
1 - SIM
- Check the age of the SIM - new SIM's start with '00666...'
- Send out a new SIM anyway. This will solve the problems if it's due to the SIM & also gives us 24 hours for any potential temporary issue or outage to resolve itself.
- Once the SIM swap is complete, remind the user to switch the phone on & off.
2 - Network
- Check coverage & network status with PCS & here - https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker
- Look for any outages or planned maintenance on the nearest masts & also any close by. If a mast is down in an adjacent area it can cause an increase of traffic to the users' mast.
- Ask the user if there are any large events going on in the area. These can affect reception by creating a large influx of traffic. Ask the user to wait until the event is over.
- Ask user to check quality away from the area. If they have problems in other areas, it may be a SIM fault.