Machine to Machine (M2M)
Machine to Machine (M2M) solutions are a cost effective way of your business using the mobile network where fixed lines would be too expensive or alternatively too slow to set up.
M2M is simply how connected devices communication with each other and back to their control point. Examples includes remote CCTV cameras, smart meters, insurance telematics devices and vehicle tracking systems.
Any business can benefit from M2M connectivity no matter what your industry type, from retail and leisure to construction and logistics, transportation and financial services, there is a M2M solution for your business and industry.
M2M Cellular WAN uses a plug and play router that works straight out of the b ox, meaning you can be up and running in as little as 5 days from your initial request.
It is highly scalable, supporting anything from 1 up to thousands of router locations and will grow with your business.
What’s great is that pricing is completely flexible. You can either pay a monthly subscription or choose a data package that suits your needs, e.g. a large data bundle to provide connection for remote or temporary sites whilst fixed lines are being installed. Or you can choose to pay a lower subscription charge and use M2M Cellular WN as a failover service as and when needed.
Cellular WAN has many business applications as follows:
Retail and leisure
- WAN backup
- Fritctionless pop up stores
- Standalone point of sale (POS)
- Digital signage
Construction and logistics
- Temporary sites
- Corporate serviced office areas
- Mobile workforce access
- Remote access to sites
- Site security
- Outside events
- Share site terminal access (e.g. CCTV)
Transportation (rail, road and airport)
- Digital signage
- Instant new sites and new locations/terminals
- Help points
- Branch office backup
- Corporate serviced office access
- Shared site terminal access (ATMS)
- Accounting (onsite auditing)
Fast Connected CCTV
Wireless connectivity removes the cost and delay in installing expensive copper or fibre networks. This makes installing Connected CCTV from Uplands up to 50% cheaper than other solutions.
Connected CCTV is a stable, secure and low-cost way to transmit footage across mobile networks. But you don’t need 4G connectivity for the live streaming to work. Instead the system uses a unique technology to compress the images.
It will even operate at bandwidths down to 9kb per second, meaning it can be streamed over 2G networks and you’ll only use your data allowance when you’re viewing content or retrieving HD images.
Connected CCTV provides your business with several benefits:
- CCTV images are accessible from anywhere
- Wireless connectivity for installation is up to 50% cheaper than a fixed line service. You just add power
- Cost effective compressed data streaming
- Complete end-to-end solution including installation, hardware, data and support
- True resilience, with guaranteed real-time, interruption and stuffer free footage
- TVI streaming technology compatible with the UK Government’s i-LIDS benchmark standard for analytics
- Flexible service options helping you spread the cost with monthly options, or pay upfront for equipment with smaller monthly charges for data.